No clue yet in Gopibagh 6-murder case

UNB, Dhaka :
Though nearly a month has elapsed since the gruesome incident, there has been no headway in the investigation into the city’s Gopibagh six-murder case.
The investigators who are sure it was a planned murder over a religious conflict said they are yet to get any clue to the identities of the murderers.
Six people, including a local ‘saint’ along with his banker son, were slaughtered by miscreants at RK Mission Road, Gopibagh on December 21 last. The slain ‘saint’ had been arrested twice several years back for his controversial preaching of his own religious belief.
Before leaving the place of occurrence, the killers had threatened the family members of the ‘saint’ not
to disclose their identities to the police, or else, they will have to face the same fate.
As the perpetrators still remain at large, the family members of the victims have shifted their residence from Gopibagh to somewhere else due to their sense of insecurity.
The deceased were Lutfar Rahman Faruq, 60, the self-proclaimed saint, his son Sanwar Islam alias Monir, 30, a banker, and the saint’s four followers – Mujibur Rahman, 30, Russell, 25, and Shahin, 25, and Manju, 30.
Lutfar’s younger son Abdullah Al Faruk filed a case with Wari Police Station on December 22 against 11 unidentified people for the murders. Later, the case was transferred to Detective Branch (DB) of Dhaka Metropolitan Police for investigation.
Contacted, Abdullah Al Faruk, a private bank officer, told that there has been no tangible progress in the investigation into the case so far. “We’ve already changed our residence from Gopibagh to another place for fear of our lives as the killers are still at large,” he said.
Asked whether he suspects the involvement of any quarter in the heinous act, Faruk pointed finger at the Islamic zealots who nurture militancy and said, “My father had always voiced against religious fanaticism. As the killers threatened my family members before fleeing the scene, we’re still passing our days in fear.”
Inspector Abul Khair of Detective Branch, the investigation officer (IO) of the case, admitted that there has been no headway in the six-murder case as they are yet to get any clue.
“We’re trying to find out the suspects after scrutinising the information gathered,” said the IO.
He further said, they have so far interrogated two captured people but it was a futile exercise.